Are you a student reading this? Or a parent reading this? The subject deliberated is very important to either.
What a student would generally aspire for during his / her academic journey? (a) knowledge acquisition, (b) academic performance, and (c) positive identity.
I will suggest one more element which is must for every student to permanently place in his academic agenda. That is keeping abreast with the technology trends on regular basis and applying relevant tools or applications in his / her student life. Every student would need additional inputs on the class syllabus. The inputs beyond what he generally would get from his pedagogy.
The first tool I could suggest would be online learning platform khanacademy which is a repository for millions of tutorials on wide range of subjects like Arts, Economy, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Astronomy and myriad other areas.
The second source that I could suggest would be Social Media tools viz., Blog, Google Profile Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Most of the students generally use Facebook. How they use it? Just for placing photo albums, communicating through wall and messaging tools. Most of the times the focus content in their communication would be non-academic and casual in nature.
What is the best way to use Social Media tools?
- A student can build a study network
- A student can build an innovation and idea network
- A student can build reference book repository
- A student can build an exclusive network for extra curricular activities
- A student can go for his college community network
- A student can build a community for social initiatives
The above are just indicative. When a student gets into the crux of the subject, he could come with several other important areas of focus.
What are the steps required to build any given network?
The best start and the most suggested start for social media interactions would be Blogging. The benefits of blogging are too many besides being a platform of community development. A blogger will be able to:
- Improve his / her written English skills
- Get used to online research
- Strengthen his subject of specialization
- Develop a network of several co-bloggers across globe
- Gain personal brand identity
- Showcase a very positive profile of his / her to prospective employers
- Become truly productive
- Increase self-confidence and attain higher self-esteem
Blogging platform has evolved to be the most sought after space by corporate enterprises around the world to promote their products and services. As a blogger if a student could build quality profile he / she could start earning even while in college.
As a student please get into blogging. You can avail expert guidance of expert team members at blogbee.in. As a parent, you can encourage your kid to embrace the social media for growth and get yourself in blogging while involving your kids too.