We have discussed on our official blog on the issues of blog promotion and the context of blog directory for increased blog traffic. Let us check the basic perspective of a blog directory that a new blogger should know.
A) Basics of your blog
As a first step at the time of creating a new blog, every blogger should know the following things about his / her blog:
- The blog belongs to which category or which subject area?
- Is the blog related to Arts? If so does it deal with paintings, photography, music or so.
- Is it going to be a focused content related to the chosen category or does it deal with everything surrounding the category? i.e., the art blog may host paintings, images, may talk about hows and whats on painting, may host tips and secrets and even may sell paintings on the blog.
- Is it for professional users? Is it for every type of user? Is it for only co-artists?
B) Submit blog to a blog directory
The next step is to submit the blog to a blog directory preferably in the country of target. What to observe in a blog directory in this context?
- The blog directory should have defined the category that his / her blog pertains to.
- The blog directory should be hosting the blogs of his chosen language.
- If the blog directory has been in the industry for quite sometime, it should be having quite a number of registered bloggers and reasonable level of Google PageRank. A blog directory which has been in the running for more than 1 year should be holding Google PageRank 4 at the least. If it had been there for more than 3 years, then it should hold a Google PageRank 6 onwards. That indicates the kind of content the blog directory generates and the level of user acceptance to the content on the blog directory.
- The blog directory should preferably be semi-automatic. That means it shouldn’t automatically ping your blog for updates. In such a case the human interaction on the blog directory would be restricted and the blog directory may not be able to generate network buzz of bloggers.
- It may be helpful if the blog directory is a ‘do follow’ destination
C) Look for these parameters in the blog directory
- Does the blog directory have integrated social media channels?
- Does the blog directory enable useful interactions beyond blogging?
- Does the blog directory make a platform for you and even for your family members to expose their knowledge or talent?
- Does the blog directory help you monetize your expertise, your blog assets or so?
- Does the blog directory offer tips / handhold in improving your blogging quality from the SEO perspective?
- Does the blog directory has a user friendly layout and navigation?
The last and most important thing is that you should register your blog or submit your blog to any number of blog directories. However, mere submission of blog URL to a blog directory doesn’t help you in your blog promotion. After submitting your blog site you should indulge with the blog directory on a regular basis and exploit the features offered by it and most importantly the network strength that it gave you to interact with.
At the outset there is no blog directory that brings you a kind of disadvantage. All the blog directories differ from the perspective of features and functions they offer and the geographical target they operate. Fortunately most of the blog directories are free and some blog directories even offer you an opportunity to earn rewards and money.
If you are a new blogger submit URL to our blog directory, www.blogbee.in, and indulge yourself in the blogosphere.